- it is something noncompetitive that you choose to do and you can devote approximately forty five minutes to an hour a day to;
- it is possible for you to do it easily, in the sense of organizing to do it, and it doesn't take a great deal of mental effort to do it;
- you can do it alone (more rarely with others) - but independently of others - not depending on their presence or encouragement to continue;
- you believe it has some value (physical, mental, or spiritual) for you;
- you believe that if you persist at it you will improve but this is completely subjective - you need to be the only one who measures that improvement;
- the activity must be one you can perform without negatively criticizing yourself;
- it must be undertaken several times a week until you reach "the PA state".
"Do not try and cut off all your passions. Passions give birth to heroic activity. Fulfill your passions and that will bring bliss".